Five Top Tips on How to Deal with Persistent Cold Callers
If you’re sick of nuisance cold-callers disrupting your time, below are five top tips to help you get rid of them.
At Bonnar Accident Law, we never cold call, but unfortunately there are many others who aren’t so concerned or respectful of people’s privacy.
Cold callers are usually sales-people who have been trained to pressure you into buying their product or services.
Often, these types of cold-calling companies will have found your phone number through online forms you may have filled out. Remember to be vigilant when filling in forms online and stop to think if you’re comfortable sharing your details on a particular site.
Here are our top tips to getting get of cold callers.
- Take your number down, permanently. You can do this by registering with Telephone Preference Service (TPS) after which point it will be illegal for any company or business to call you without your permission. If calls persist after you register with TPS, companies will likely have your phone number from previous calls to you. Simply and firmly inform them that you are protected by the TPS and you do not wish to receive any more phone calls from them.
- Report unsolicited calls. If you continue to receive unsolicited calls, report the company calling to TPS on 0345 070 0707 or the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1115.
- Be firm and clear. If you end up having to speak to cold caller, be firm and clear in telling them that you will report them. Ask for the company name, write down the number and time of the call and report them immediately.
- Block unwanted numbers. Your mobile phone should have the ability to block any unwanted numbers. If you receive a cold call from a new number, simply block it on your phone.
- Be careful with online forms. Take a moment to think whether you really wish to share your details with certain sites.
If you’ve been involved in an accident, speak to one of our friendly and expert solicitors today.